Calling Calumet Nation!
Trivia Night for Calumet
October 26 from 7 - 8PM
Here's How We'll Do It:
First -- Thrivent will give $10 to Calumet for every person/couple who participates. Additionally, two Angel Donors will give another $20 per person for the first 100 to register. That's $3,000!
Second --50% Matching Gift -- For anyone who chooses to make a not-at-all mandatory small gift to Calumet during the game, Thrivent will match it at a 50% level.
Third -- The night's sponsor, Thrivent announced three prize winnings for the night which will go to the charities dependent on the top average scores. Your excellent playing -- together everyone else's could put Calumet in the place with the top average score. Thrivent will give Calumet $1,200! Second place is $800 and thrid place is $500.
Goal 1: 100 participants/couples = $3,000
Goal 2: 45 Small gifts to be matched = $1,200
Goal 3: Calumet gets top average score = $1,200
* This is not a TEAM event, per se. Each person/couple plays on their own during this one hour block.
* You'll need BOTH your computer/laptop AND your cell phone.
* Yes, there will be a time during the event when you'll be asked to consider making a small contribution to Calumet using their giving platform. If you choose to do that -- GREAT. Know that for every 2 bucks you give Thrivent will give one buck -- a 50% match.
* There is no upper limit to how many people can participate. And one does not need to know anything about Calumet in order to participate FOR Calumet. Get all of your trivia-loving friends to sign up and show up.
* If 50 people sign up by October 19th, Calumet has an Angel Donor who has pledged to give Calumet $10 for each of those 50 people. But only if we can have 50 people signed up by the 19th! And that's not all ... An additional Angel Donor has come through and agreed to give $30 for each of the next 50 registrants! $1,500 bucks.
Thrivent Financial is a company with historic ties to the Lutheran Church. Thrivent helps people plan for retirement, figure out insurance needs, and supports the work of all kinds of charitable entities, Lutheran and otherwise. Calumet is the beneficiary of lots of Thrivent support through "Thrivent Choice Dollars."
If you would like to direct your Thrivent Choice Dollars to Calumet -- A W E S O M E ! Keep reading. And if you decide to designate them elsewhere, that's okay, too. You can still use these guidelines to help you. :)
TO GIVE YOUR CHOICE DOLLARS -- FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS:
1. Call 1-800-THRIVENT (1-800-847-4836) and state "Thrivent Choice.".
2. State Choice Dollars when prompted.
3. Press 1 to direct Choice Dollars.
4. Enter or speak your social security number or Thrivent ID number.
5. Your call will then be transferred to an operator for completion.
6. Our Organization Name is listed as: “Camp Calumet Lutheran Ministries”, 1090 Ossipee Lake Road, West Ossipee, NH 03890
1. Log on to www.thrivent.com
2. Sign in with your username and password or register for an account.
3. Once you have registered and signed in, select the “Direct Choice Dollars” button for Thrivent Choice in the right hand side.
4. In the middle of the next page, type in “Calumet” in the “Organization Name” box, leave “City” blank, and click search.
5. Next to our name (listed as Camp Calumet Lutheran Ministries), click the “Direct Now” button. You will be able to assign all or part of your choice dollars to Calumet. Recurring Thrivent Dollar designation is no longer an option. In order for Calumet to receive your Thrivent Choice Dollars, you'll need to make the designation each and every year. We'll help you remember to do so! We promise! Thanks!
6. Click the “submit” button and your Thrivent Choice Dollars will be sent to Calumet.
If you have questions about Thrivent resources that can help Calumet, reach out to your local Thrivent Representative.
Copyright © 2020 Calumet Lutheran Ministries.
Adopted by the Calumet Board of Directors October 12, 2006
Calumet's primary responsibility is for the safety and security of our campers . To help meet that responsibility, Calumet has adopted certain policies governing the collection and use of personal information.
This document describes how Calumet handles the personal information we learn about you when you contact us by mail, phone, email, or when you access our web site. Any personally identifying information you provide is voluntary. We use it for program registration, to fulfill requests you make, or to assist us in carrying out our mission.
Calumet collects your personal information when you register for a program, make a donation, or otherwise voluntarily provide such information. If you contact Calumet, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If you submit a camp application or registration materials, or an application for employment, we will keep those documents on file for at least seven years.
We will use your information to process enrollment requests, orders, and donations, to provide you with information about Calumet programs and services we believe will be of interest to you, and to ask for your support.
In some cases, a third party may be contracted by us to provide a specific service. We will only disclose as much personal information as necessary. For example, when we use the mailing service of our printer to send a Calumet newsletter, we will share only the information necessary for delivery of the newsletter. Any third party with which Calumet shares information has agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the information.
We may share your information with third parties in other limited circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing imminent harm, or ensuring the safety and security of our campers, facilities, and programs. This includes confidential medical information that complies with federal statutes.
Calumet does not sell, rent, or otherwise provide information from our database to third parties except for the reasons stated above.
Calumet complies with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). For more information about this law, visit www.coppa.org.
Calumet's web site automatically collects and stores anonymous data to determine the number of visitors to different sections of the site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make the site more useful. We do not use this data to track or record information about individuals.
Calumet's web site does not use “cookies” or tracking mechanisms to collect any personally identifying user information. Cookies are used for maintaining user sessions only. You can set your web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not.
Calumet has taken substantial precautions to ensure security for users of online services. Please be aware, however, that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed secure. Consequently, Calumet cannot ensure or warrant the absolute security of any information that you transmit or provide to Calumet online.
From time to time, Calumet takes photographs and video (film and digital) of campers and retreat groups during their participation in Calumet programs. These photographs and video may be used by Calumet in promotional materials.
Calumet will make its best effort to honor any request from a parent to remove a photo of a camper from the web site.
Upon request, Calumet will provide you with access to all information we maintain about you. It is your right to correct any inaccuracies in that information.
You have the right to opt out of any mailings or other contacts from Calumet.
Parents retain these rights on behalf of their minor children.
If you have questions or concerns regarding Calumet's privacy policies, please contact:
Calumet Lutheran Ministries
PO Box 236
West Ossipee, NH 03890-0236
(603) 539-4773 ext. 211